Why Choose Board Certified?

Board Certified lawyers earn the right to publicly represent themselves as a specialist in a select area of the law. In fact, they are the only attorneys allowed by the State Bar to do so. This designation sets them apart as being an attorney with the highest, public commitment to excellence in their area of law.

Our mission is to "promote the availability, accessibility and quality of the services of attorneys to the public in particular areas of the law... and advance the standards of the legal profession." The Board Certification process is rigorous and thorough with stringent, ongoing requirements after initial certification. In brief, an applicant must:

  • practice a minimum of five years with three years of substantial involvement in an area of law
  • complete TBLS-approved Continuing Legal Education course requirements
  • furnish at least 10 qualified, vetted references
  • provide extensive, relevant experience documentation
  • pass a comprehensive, daylong, specialty area examination

We specialize in Immigration and Nationality with the purpose of securing visas or other documentation to enter or remain in the United States, asylum, citizenship and nationalization.

Are you getting the
right immigration help?

Many people offer help with immigration services. Unfortunately, not all are authorized to do so.

While many of these unauthorized practitioners mean well, all too many of them are out to rip you off. This is against the law and could be considered an immigration services scam.

if you need help filing an application or petition with USCIS, be sure to seek assistance from BKJ Visa Law

Going to the wrong place will:

  • Delay your application or petition
  • Cost you unnecessary fees
  • Possibly lead to removal proceedings

Avoid scams


You may be considered for expanded Deffered Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) if you:

  • Entered the United States before the age of 16;
  • Meet all the other DACA guildelines; and
  • Have lived in the United States continuously since Jan. 1, 2010.

You may be considered for Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA) if you:

  • Have lived in the United States continuously since Jan. 1, 2010;
  • Had, on Nov. 20, 2014 a son or daughter who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident; and
  • Are not an eforcement priority for removal from the United States.

The Wrong Help
Can Hurt
Beware of immigration scams
Contact USCIS for more information at 1-800-375-5283

Next Steps:

While USCIS is not accepting requests for expanded DACA or DAPA at this time, you can gather documents that establish factors such as your:

  • Identity;
  • Relationship to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident; and
  • Continous residence in the United States over the last five years or more.

Are you eligible to apply?

1. TOURISM & VISIT: Are you planning to travel to the US?

2. BUSINESS: Do you need a visitor’s visa to conduct temporary business in the US?

3. EMPLOYMENT: Would you like to work in the US legally?

4. STUDY AND EXCHANGE: Would you like to expand your knowledge and study abroad?

5. IMMIGRATE: Do you have a relative or prospective employer that can help you obtain a Green Card?

Call 619 961 4169

$100 Consultations - Se Habla Espanol

Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.