E-Verify is not available due to a lapse in Department of Homeland Security appropriations. While E-Verify is unavailable, employers will not be able to access their E-Verify accounts or:
- Enroll in E-Verify;
- Create E-Verify cases;
- View or take action on any case;
- Add, delete or edit any user account;
- Reset passwords;
- Edit company information;
- Terminate accounts; and
- Run reports or view any information about an account.
E-Verify Customer Support and related services are also closed. As a result:
- We will not be able to answer your calls or respond to your emails;
- Employees will be unable to resolve E-Verify Tentative Nonconfirmations (TNCs);
- E-Verify webinars and training sessions are cancelled and will be rescheduled; and
- Self Check and myE-Verify will not be available.
New Temporary Policies
We understand that E-Verify’s unavailability may have a significant impact on employer operations. We have implemented the following policies to minimize the burden on both employers and employees:
- The “three-day rule” is suspended for E-Verify cases affected by the unavailability of E-Verify. We will provide additional guidance regarding this deadline once we reopen. This does not affect Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, requirements. Employers must still complete Form I-9 no later than the third business day after an employee starts work for pay, and comply with all other Form I-9 requirements.
- The time period during which employees may resolve TNCs will be extended. The number of days E-Verify is not available will not count towards the days employees have to begin resolving their TNCs. We will provide additional guidance regarding these deadlines once we reopen.
- For federal contractors covered by the E-Verify federal contractor rule, please contact your contracting officer to inquire about extending federal contractor deadlines.
- Employers may not take any adverse action against an employee because the E-Verify case is in an interim case status, including while the employee’s case is in an extended interim case status due to the unavailability of E-Verify.
We are available to represent Employment Based Adjustment of Status Applicants in the following localities: San Diego County including San Diego, Carlsbad, and Escondido; Los Angeles County including Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Burbank, Hollywood, Van Nuys, Whittier, Woodland Hills, and Long Beach; Santa Clara County including San Jose, Milpitas, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale; Alameda County including Oakland, San Leandro, and Berkeley; Sacramento County including Sacramento, Elk Grove, and Folsom; and Orange County including Santa Ana and Anaheim.